Frequently Asked Questions

This FAQ deals with questions about names. There is a separate FAQ for questions specifically about this website.

Where can I research my family's history?

Here are some websites that offer genealogy research. These sites charge a fee in order to unlock full functionality.

How can I translate a name into another language?

Go to the translation page, enter the name you want to translate, select the language you want to translate into, and then press "Translate".

What does my first name mean?

Please go to to get the meaning of your first name.

What does my surname mean?

Please try the related website for the meaning of your surname.